Re: [NTLK] I'm a newbie, so Tar and Feather me!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 14:53:26 EST

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Geoffrey Arend wrote:

> third day with my Newt. First with my Wavelan.

Welcome to the fold :)

> address?? Airport handles that? Where's the DHCP? Then I tried
> configuring a new setup with "Ethernet" and got an option for DHCP, but
> when I tried to use Newtscape, nothing happened. I have searched and
> searched, and searched again on Newtontalk, but nobody maps it out. Any
> chance, for the sake of keeping a record for all those to come, somebody
> does a little step-by-step walkthrough right now?

Well, everything you want is probably explained in the NIE 2.0 USers'
Guide:

http://192.168.0.11/unna/apple/documentation/software/NIE2.0UsersManual.pdf

But someone else can help you with Airport and base stations and such,
I'll just stick with my lil' old RangeLAN2 stuff. (BTW, if there's anyone
out there who is buying Wavelan and wants to get rid of their RangeLAN2
stuff, give me a ding, I might be interested)