[NTLK] Dr. Newton Update !

From: David Watson (drnewton_at_kc.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 16:24:24 EST

Hello Newton Owners,

I thought I'd take the time to update everyone on my status ( I have web access at work and frequently read the digests over lunch ).

We've just finished building our new home out in the wilds of northern Indiana. We're moved in and getting settled / unpacked. My home desktop system was in boxes for a couple weeks.

The problem:
Our local telephone provider ( Verizon ) is now telling me that a connection to my house could be as long as another month ! ( they have to get permission from the county to trench my line in under the county road. My house is about 500' off the road.

So, I'm not at all pleased with this situation. ( I have this gut feeling that I'll end up with the same type of phone service as Mr. Douglas on the old TV show, "Green Acres." )

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around and will be resuming services soon. I'll post an update when I get connected at home.

My apologies to those who have emailed me recently and haven't got a reply yet.

Best Regards,
David Watson

a.k.a. "Dr. Newton"

drnewton at kc.net