Re: [NTLK] [OT] ICQ Bastardry Was: Newton Instant Messaging

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 20:56:29 EST

>I recently switched back to the miribilis client on my mac, after
>using GICQ for maybe 18 months.... i hated to do it, but GICQ just
>want reliable anymore. The miribilis client sucks in comparison....
>I would much prefer to use GICQ
>
>And NCQ I've found, has similar issues.... non-reliability being tops

My only problem was an inability to send to people who weren't also
using Gerry's. I really loved the control strip module and the
ability to have multiple messages open. Miribilis (which it
certainly is not!) seems to have caught up since I stopped using it,
but it is still pretty lame.

>screw miribilis, I say, for being so insular!

I'll say!
Gerry hasn't released any updates since he carbonised it, and I can't
contact him! I really loved that app, but I guess it is gone forever.

-James