Re: [NTLK] OT: my sig

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 02:58:50 EST

on 3/26/02 6:30 PM, Jim Johnson at jwj_at_llbcorp.com wrote:

>> The sad truth is, that most people who disapprove of religion are really
>> opposed to any moral restraint. This is what they are really opposed to.
> This is such a silly statement I'll assume it was written in the heat of the
> moment. (And I don't see anything in Jeremy's post that is "disapproving of
> religion".)

Oops! That is just the sort of statement I usually edit out. In the
confusion and business of yesterday or whatever, I let it go out by
accident. First of all, I wish to retract the above statement that Jim
Johnson was so kind :-) to point out. That is not the sort of statement I
wish to make. First of all, it is so simply disprovable as to be patently
silly. :-) Secondly, I fear it may have given the impression that I was
insinuating that the original poster was immoral. This is _not_ what I
wanted to say. So, I also want to publicly apologize to Jeremy for what my
comment seems to insinuate. I do not believe that you are immoral, nor that
people, just because they are irreligious or non-religious, are immoral. I
should not have let that statement out, and there is no excuse for it--not
even if it were, as John said, "written in the heat of the moment" (which,
btw, it wasn't, but was written between many other tasks) :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland