Re: [NTLK] OT: Help with Mac.

From: William R. Dickson (wrd_at_awenet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 11:48:52 EST

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, John Goggan wrote:

> > I am running Basilisk II on my PC box and it is working just fine.
> > I recently downloaded some IIgs games as image files (.2mg) and I
>
> Um, Basilisk is a Mac emulator. The Apple IIgs is not a Mac.
>
> Granted, I'm no expert -- but I'm fairly certain that is the case.

That is correct.

> Unless there is some IIgs emulator for the Mac that I don't know about.

There are two that I know of: Bernie ][ The Rescue
(http://www.bernie.gs/Download/Parts/bernieconsumer3.html) and iGS
(http://www.rarcoa.com/~justmike/XGS-Mac/). I tried Bernie a few years
back and it worked, IIRC. Not sure how well they'd run on top of another
emulator.

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd_at_awenet.com                              http://www.manoutoftime.org/

I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for other people. -Katherine Hepburn