Re: [NTLK] [ANN] MAD Newton 0.6.1

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 14:41:13 EST

Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Would it be feasible to have dynamically-allocated buffers so that users
> could configure the amount of buffering?

Yes, I think so. I still need to finally implement preference dialogs
for Raissa and MAD Max, that's where I would put the allocation
settings. However, anybody who has the NTK and can do a little
programming can change the current buffer settings by adding two lines
in the baseView's viewSetupDoneScript in MAD Max here:

fMP3Player := {
     _proto: ...
     _parent: ...

to get something like this:

fMP3Player := {
     _proto: ...
     _parent: ...
     kOutputBufferSize: <large number, default is 50000>
     kOutputThreshold: <large number - 10000, default is 40000>

This changes the size of the three data buffers. I haven't tested this
though. If the number is too large (probably over 500-700k on an
MP2100), the Newton will crash.

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --