Re: [NTLK] Newton WaveLAN driver usage poll

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 22:56:12 EST

Dale Steele wrote not long ago (3/27/02 10:25 PM):

> I wish I could say that I'm on this list but so far I'm unable to get
> either an appletalk or tcp/ip connection with my mp2100, wavelan
> silver card

What's the part number of the WaveLan card? ICBW but I think I remember
reading about problems with the driver and the "B" series of WaveLan Silver
cards.

My card is an "A" series and works perfectly. (Although I suspect the driver
has a slight bug in the AppleTalk implementation which causes package
transfers and backups to hang at times and time out. I haven't had the
problem with IP though; *that* can and does run for hours, literally,
streaming MP3s via MADMax over AirPort. Yummy.)

--Jesse