[NTLK] Financial calculators

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 02:36:07 EST

Dear Newtonians
Just joined the list after buying my first Newton. Its a messagepad 2000
without anything except a stylus. I have a few questions. Please forgive
the newbie questions. Perhaps there is a web site somewhere that explains
all these things. I gather that there is much more that comes with the
MP2000 which I don't have. Here are some questions if anyone can send me a
URL or two. I have been trawling through the Newton webring but lots of
links are dead.

1. I have a PC and so I would like to get connected with that. What are my
options? Can I still buy the NCU kit with cables etc.? Who stills sells
them?

2. I work in finance so calculating NPVs, IRRs using uneven cashflows etc
is an everyday thing. I used to use a Hewlett Packard for all that. Is
there an equivalent financial calculator software in the Newton World? Went
trawling but only found stuff for a Palm (ugh!).

3. Is there a pdf version of the MP2000 manual available somewhere?

Thanks in advance
Tony.