Re: [NTLK] Got a question? Check the FAQ (or somewhere else) - Anywhere other than here.

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 14:36:04 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 3/28/02 2:09 PM, the entity known as Jon Glass
at jonglass_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> It's the FAQ that's the bad
> guy, allowing us to be lazy--which nobody, and I mean nobody can accuse you
> of being.

OTOH, I think that encouraging newbies to learn to problem solve on their
own is a *GOOD* thing, not laziness. Yes, there may be some folks on the
list that need to rethink how they word such encouragement. But climbing
the learning curve is not always easy or quick, and it can be frustrating,
but the result is a much more thorough knowledge.

I'd also encourage everyone that, if they don't have a positive, helpful
answer, then say nothing and let someone else answer the question.

- Eric.