Re: [NTLK] Asking again......

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 13:15:32 EST

MuHammed Lonon wrote not long ago (3/29/02 9:49 AM):

> Thanks but....argghhh what card do I get...keeping in
> mind the possiblilty of future developments.

The best card that consistently works right now is the Lucent WaveLAN Silver
Card, revision "A". I've read here of difficulties with the revision "B"
card. I've also read here of success with the WaveLAN Gold Cards but don't
have information on which revisions of those may or may not work.

But, as I mentioned in my previous message, none of these cards will work
for you in "public" networks unless they've been tailored to meet the
specific needs of the current Newton driver (no encryption, network named
"Newton", broadcasting on channel 11).

--Jesse