[NTLK] Got my GEM Newton...

From: Lee, Christopher J (christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 01:32:06 EDT

Okay...so I got my Newton from Gem Enterprises today, and it is pretty much
as advertised with the exception of a big sticker ON THE FRONT which I
haven't seen reported before. The former owner was David, I take it...:-)
The screen is pretty decent, but was absolutely FILTHY with fingerprints,
smudges, etc.

The battery holds a charge (I did have to take it out, clean the contacts
and reseat it) and it came with the original stylus and a power adapter. The
Heap Saver backdrop app was running as well as the little REBOOT icon.

I was sent a CD along with it that seems to duplicate much of the material
on UNNA. It did not however have on it a functional version of WORKS or an
image of the original 2100 CD. Anyone know where I can get these? The links
in the FAQ to the original disk images are all dead.

Damn this thing is fast.

All in all, I'd like to say that for 112 bucks shipped, GEM did alright by
me.

Thanks all.