Re: [NTLK] Synching - Was [All sorts of stuff]

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 04:28:59 EDT

The Palm sync is made of several layers. These are documented on the Palm
web site. Take a look at
http://oasis.palm.com/dev/kb/manuals/article.cfm?id=1770#925615. This
documents the lowest part of the protocol. The other layers are there as well.

By writing a Newton app that follows this protocol and the layers above it,
we'd have it cracked!. There would be no need for any external conversion
at either end, you'd just run the new syncer on the Newt, your chosen Palm
sync app and Bingo!