Re: [NTLK] Hello

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 09:07:53 EDT

on 4/30/02 8:58 PM, resistor_at_mac.com at resistor_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hello. I'm new here. I just acquired an old Newton MessagePad 130 from
> a friend, and have been seeing what it can do. My question is rather
> simple. My friend apparently lost whatever link cables he originally
> had for it, so I was wondering where I might be able to purchase them.
> I have both Windows and Macintosh versions of the Newton Backup Utility,
> but no cables to use them with. Where should I look?
>
> Owen Anderson

If you're hooking up to a Mac that supports AppleTalk over a serial port,
you definitely want to find a pair of PhoneNet connectors (and an ordinary
piece of phone cord). An AppleTalk connection is far faster than a plain
old serial connection. I haven't looked for these in years, but you may be
able to find them on eBay, or else probably one of the vendors in the back
of MacWorld magazine has them still. Also, someone on here might have an
extra set.

- Eric.