Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 15:41:37 EDT

on 01-05-2002 5:02, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> nope...well, perhaps they should now, but back when,
> when I had the power of tens of thousands of sales for
> Newtons, Apple refused to deal in any way. Even though
> I was going to refer big name clients for 30-40
> thousand units and had 10% payment in hand, Apple
> refused any lower price than retail.

Can't say that the handling of the Newton has been exemplary for Apple as a
whole, there are numerous horror stories around about how people were
advised by Apple not (!) to make large Newton orders.

Apart from this back paddling, they probably didn't have much leeway
financially since they weren't making a lot of money (understatement) on the
Newton anyway.

Robert Benschop