[NTLK] I have these IR dongles...

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:31:41 EDT

I have 2 (maybe 3) IR dongles made by HP.

I THINK they are supposed to hook into a LaserJet 6P/MP or 5 P/MP, into
the serial ports on them, to allow IR printing.

I say think because that's how I found one of them (connected to the
Serial port of a 6MP I bought), and that's the use I see for them on
HP's website. But, the 6p/MP already HAS an IR port, so I don;t
understand this.

Is there any way to hook them up to a Macs serial port, and use them as
IR interchanges for Newtons?

anyone worked with these at ALL, and can give insite to their use?

~Donald