Re: [NTLK] keyboard dongle confusion

From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael_at_GeekTimes.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 20:22:21 EDT

At 18:16 -0600 5/2/02, Jeb Bolding wrote:

>Obviously, I need some type of hardware serial adapter to connect them
>together. I suspect this is what everyone calls the serial dongle.

Yes. It's a tiny cube, the size of a big dice. It's an annoying wierd
moment in Apple history :-|

>Is this what I need? Is it possible to find one?

Yes, you do (but read on), and yes you can. Try eBay.

>How does this relate to ser-001?

The SER-001 is a replacment for that goofy port on the Newton 2x00,
so you don't need the dongle. (And so you don't lose the dongle!)

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael_at_GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)