Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 06:57:26 EDT

regards to sushi:

bravo, couldn't have said it better, but i could add....

i did most of my management papers on apple concerning various subjects in
my college days (not that long ago but it feels like it). one tidbit i
turned up was a TCO study done by a company then-names "Gistics". they
analyzed support personnel ratios at Intel. as i remember, it was one
support person per 7-9 PC's, and one person per 30-40 macs. as all would
expect, most companies go with the bare minimum's in this area as does
mine. in my conversations with our own support staff, the rule is proven;
if its found that you can get by with a small number of staff, you will,
hence 'temporary' reassignments to test the staffing waters.

also, on your statement on kids:
i have a daughter, almost two years old. my compaq latpop from work has an
apple sticker covering up the logo, my G4 gets better maintenance than i
do, my daughter (like all of our children i suppose) is the single most
brilliant soul in this universe or any other, do i let her be exposed to
what i spend a lot of time evangelizing (overly dramatic i know) or do i
start her out with my choices (newton, mac, apple in general, although the
right tool for the right job...) and hope? i'll be proud no matter the
outcome (in wierd way i will be proud if she disagrees totally, it will
likely show she's paying attention and thinking on her own, of course if
she agrees with me, then God's own angel has told me i am right...) aiy!
its difficult, still easier though than trouble shooting visual basic
programs trying to talk to as/400's... :-)