Re: [NTLK] What's a Complete Upgraded-To-2100 Worth?

From: Micheal Kelly (michealk_at_tgw.dhs.org)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 16:29:20 EDT

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Sushi wrote:

> Keep your Newt, even if you get a Palm device.
>
> Then if down he road you decide that the Palm features are too limited,
> or it's not what you want, you have your Newt to fall back on.

Agreed!

I started out with an OMP, then moved to a 130, then a 2000 back in 1997.
When Apple abandoned the platform, I figured it was time to move on.
Since then I've owned an ungodly number of PDAs - Palm IIIc's and V's, a
couple WinCE and PocketPC machines (including an iPaq and an HP Jornada
565). Nothing seemed to work as well as my old Newt...

I recently found an MP2100 for a good price and picked it up - I'm once
again a happy camper. Sure, it's bigger and heavier to lug around, but
did I ever miss the UI...

So keep your Newt handy, at least for a month while you test out a Palm.
The other poster was right - it's *much* easier to go back to your old
Newton than to try and track down a new one.