Re: [NTLK] Detailed instructions (and warnings) for opening up a 2x00?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 20:35:09 EDT

on 03/05/02 19:58, Michael 'Mickey' Sattler at michael_at_GeekTimes.com wrote:

> Ed Kummel wrote:
>
>> OK, what is telling you that the battery is fully charged? The Newt?
>> If so, then I suspect that you have a battery spring problem.
>
> Yes, it's the Newton that's telling me. I loaded externally-charged
> NiMH cells; the external charger said they were charged. Same
> behavior: blackness!
>
>> [elided] Unfortunatly, this cannot be solved without taking the
>> Newt apart...If you proceed, standard disclaimers apply!
>
> You've convinced me. Is there a document with detailed instructions
> (and warnings) for opening up a 2x00? Something like the Apple PDFs I
> have for my PowerBooks; available to techs but not to the general
> public?

Do some searches in Google. There are many sites that detail with pictures
how to open a 2x00. Ed has one that details how to replace the crystal in
the 2x00 to overclock it, but the information on how to open it is there.
AFAIK, there is no pdf service manual.

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.