[NTLK] [Fwd: Help: WaveLan to Network to AppleTalk]

From: Bernie A. Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 01:11:01 EDT

Jesse Garnier wrote:

> You mean restricting Base Station access via MAC addresses? I can resolve
> DNS just fine in my AirPort network at work (where we restrict access via
> MAC addresses since alpha3 doesn't do passwords)...

Yes, for some reason I could not get it to work. I'd like to do the same thing
for the same reason. I have an experimental set up at work and only had the
MAC addresses for my Desktop Mac and WLan card for Newt in the Base Station
Access Control setup. When connecting my Desktop Mac to the Basestation and
using bridging I could see the network just fine but when I tried the Newt it
would seem to connect (I saw that it had obtained an address DHCP) but after a
while it would timeout and give me an error that said it could not resolve the
name with the DNS. May be I should try it again and see what happens.

> I have the same problem over AppleTalk using alpha3 under OS X. Small
> transfers complete, but large transfers (over 75k, say) stall and fail after
> timing out.

I'm using OS9.0.4 and have the same problem. Thanks for the post it's nice to
know that I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

Bernie