[NTLK] itunes won't connect using Appletalk

From: Bernie A. Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 05:37:25 EDT

> By default, the plug-in looks for a connection over serial. Start
> iTunes, and look at the bottom right corner (where the Visualizations
> button and Equalizer button are). There should be a new button there.
> Click it, and in the window that appears, set it to connect to the
> Newton over AppleTalk. You may have to click on the Newton icon in the
> Source list before the new button will appear... I can't remember. Hope
> this helps-

Lost the link to above but I didn't know about this and I didn't see it
referenced anywhere.
Thought it might help solve the problem I was having but it didn't help.

I first start the NCU on my Mac G4 and it connects OK with the Newt.
Then having set iTunes as above I launch it and it sits there and looks
for the Newton but always comes up with just "Newton" in the iTunes
selection list. When I try to move an mp3 to Newton it gives me the
error that I'm not connected. I'm using my Ethernet card on my Newt
which works well with installing packages, SimpleMail, and Net Hopper.
 Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Bernie