[NTLK] ISP dialing phone number default?

From: Jeff Smith (jeff.smith_at_allenmicro.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 10:32:45 EDT

Hi List!
I've been using my new 2100 since Friday and having a great time...even have it dialing up for my email through earthlink with a hayes optima 33k modem ;-)

One question though...when dialing up the 'net I've set my ISP's phone number in the internet provider setup, but when I go to dial-up it shows a different number underneath the one i've entered--kind of a "default" with a smaller font. Then when I tell it to dial it uses that one--not the one i've entered.

It seems to work just fine if I tap "Dial Assist" during the connect and change the number manually every time, but why won't it use the number i've entered (and where does the other number come from?)

Thanks for any help!
js