Re: [NTLK] Names Trouble

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 00:24:24 EDT

You might have a corruption in your names soup. You
may be able to identify it with one of the utilities
available (SBM comes to mind) Otherwise, try to backup
your newt and do a hard reset to wipe the thing, then
restore from backup...it could just be some
housecleaning is in order.
One further question. When you change the sort order
and that dialog box pops up...does it take about a
minute for it to finish? Or is is within several
seconds (setting to another sort order should take
longer then setting it to the default order)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Anton Balaban <balaban_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > When you change the sort order, do you get a
> dialog
> > box while it makes the change?
>
> Yes, It says "Changing sort order". When I open
> prefs right after resorting
> (e.g. by the 1st name) the dot stays at "Default
> Order". When I close prefs
> with those settings nothing happens. But if I change
> sort order to the 1st
> name again and close prefs it resorts them once
> again ("Changing sort
> order")
>
> > When I changed the setting on my Newt just now,
> the
> > name is still displayed "last name, first name"
> but
> > it's sorted in the first name order with
> business's
> > coming first.
>
> Names display is the same for all sort orders, but
> now names are sorted by
> the first name and I can't return the sorting by the
> last name (as it
> always been). What am I doing wrong?
>

> Anton Balaban

=====