Re: [NTLK] NewtZilla?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 23:07:10 EDT

uh...I use nethopper exclusivly to load packages onto
my Newt. I don't ever, ever connect my Newt to a
desktop (unless you count the 3 times I backed it up
to send it into repair or the 3-4 times I tested it
with Basilisk) What I do is pop a PKG onto my website
(see sig line below) then browse my page and load the
package there. Every package you see there has found
it's way onto my Newt (and others) from NetHopper. Add
to that the books I have and other hidden pages (nope,
nothing you'ld be interested in) I've perhaps loaded
several hundred packages onto my Newt using NetHopper
(v3.2 I believe) The only time I've ever had a problem
is when I un-binhexed a pkg created on a Mac...all
those extra bits makes an unhappy newt...
But, don't take my word for it. Browse my site and see
for your self!
Ed
web/gadget guru
download PKGs directly onto your Newt:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- "Lee, Christopher J" <christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com>
wrote:

<snip>
> like...NetHopper won't download pkg
> files correctly most of the time, LunaSuite is too
> big and flakey, and as
> cool as Newtscape is, I'm just not that thrilled
> with the way pages look on
> it, as well as the complicated interface/plain jane
> appearance.
>
> Just a thought...

=====
Roll that beautiful bean footage!