[NTLK] alt.rec enhancements?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 13:57:06 EDT

I've recently started using alt.rec and, overall, I am happy with it.
However, even though things seem better sometimes -- other times it seems like
I have taken a step backwards... Is there any way to make it guess words that
match the dictionary first? For example, if I try to write the word
"Michigan", I commonly get "Michiyun" -- because my "g" and "a" tend to not be
closed at the top. A double-tap of it shows the alternates:

Michigun
Miuhiyun
Miuhigun
Michiynn

And, depending on how things go, sometimes "Michigan" is on the list. None of
the above are valid words in the dictionary. And the closest dictionary match
does appear to be "Michigan." So, it seems that if the default behavior was
to always try to match to just the closest dictionary word, I'd be much, much
better off.

This is actually what I want... I pretty much always want what I write to
just be translated to a dictionary word unless I do something special. I can
then manually do odd words and/or add them to my dictionary later.

Can I configure this somehow to do what I want? It just seems like "match to
dictionary only" (or something similar) would be a good feature.

 - John...