Re: [NTLK] New MP2100 from Gem

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 06:20:58 EDT

on 5/11/02 12:30 AM, David Golden at ikondave_at_charter.net wrote:

> I just received a MP2100 ( upgrade ), from Gem. It's in very good condition,
> and I am very pleased. However there is something on this unit that I've
> never seen before. In strip of icons that run along the bottom of the screen
> there is an icon that says " reset ", with a bomb image above it. Where the
> heck this this critter originate?

It is a custom app, along with the blank backdrop app, called "heap saver"
that was done by the company that created the custom software (NorthStar)
that some of these units from Gem and other places came with. It's a rather
convenient way of doing a soft reset on your 2100.

However, seeing that and the "heap saver" backdrop, it kind of makes one
wonder what this Northstar app was like, if you needed to both save heap and
reset so frequently. ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams