Re: [NTLK] IMAP Capabilities?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 23:38:08 EDT

on 11/05/02 16:14, Michael Etzel at m_etzel_at_mac.com wrote:

> I'm currently looking into buying a 2100 (I currently own an eMate but it's
> too big and slow for this task) to download IMAP e-mail onto for reading on
> the bus to work. My plan would be to connect via ethernet to the home LAN,
> download full messages via IMAP for offline viewing, then hook it back up at
> the end of the day (or perhaps at work) and let the Newt synchronize with
> the IMAP server. Do the current e-mail offerings have this capability? It
> looks like SimpleMail does from the documentation, but as seeing I've had
> issues doing it with Entourage in the past, I just wanted to check and see
> if someone was actually doing this successfully.

Your only choice is SimpleMail. No other email client does IMAP.

-Laurent.

droid n.: [from `android', SF terminology for a humanoid robot of essentially biological (as opposed to mechanical/electronic) construction] A person (esp. a low-level bureaucrat or service-business employee) exhibiting most of the following characteristics: (a) naive trust in the wisdom of the parent organization or `the system'; (b) a blind-faith propensity to believe obvious nonsense emitted by authority figures (or computers!); (c) a rule-governed mentality, one unwilling or unable to look beyond the `letter of the law' in exceptional situations; (d) a paralyzing fear of official reprimand or worse if Procedures are not followed No Matter What; and (e) no interest in doing anything above or beyond the call of a very narrowly-interpreted duty, or in particular in fixing that which is broken; an "It's not my job, man" attitude.