Re: [NTLK] How do I make movies that will play on my Newton 2001?

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 10:11:32 EDT

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Marco Mailand Newton2k1_at_mac.com
Subject: Re: [NTLK] How do I make movies that will play on my Newton 2001?

>I don't believe that the source code is different. I think you can export
>the source into one large text file and from there you can at least copy and
>paste if there's no easier means to transfer it over to Windoze NTK. But
>there's a conversion tool too, don't ask me where and how it works.

There is a Mac NTK to Win NTK source converter. It works, but there are some
caveats and it doesn't provide a lot of feedback on how successful the process
was :) You can download it here (REALLY LONG URL, make sure you get it all on one line):

http://guelph.unna.org/mirrors/download.planetnewton.com/download/programming
/mac-to-win-converter.sit

>I don't remember exactly but images can be imported in NTK using commands.
>I've used NTK code to import picts to create GPS map containers. To create
>the picts it was necessary to save them as resouces on the Mac and I think
>on Windoze you can use pict or bmp instead.

Yes, WinNTK lets you use Windows Bitmaps instead of Mac PICTs.

Newtontalk.net list dad

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .