Re: [NTLK] Thank you for Backdrop Builder!!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 11:27:41 EDT

On 13/05/02 11:13, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 13-05-2002 4:52, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:
>
>> Nope, they're not the same. I was beta tester for Backdrop Builder. I don't
>> remember who wrote it, but I think it was the same guys that wrote
>> NewtPaint. I don't know, but the backdrops that were generated by Backdrop
>> Builder never caught with me...
>
> So the PowerPen backdrop builder project is still to come ?

Yep. I first want to see if I could host it myself. If not, then I'll have
some talks with other people. If anybody with a high disponibility server
wants to talk with me, you're welcome to do so. If we can have it on 2 or 3
servers, I think that this would be better. I still haven't gone over the
entire package though, so there are still some kinks to work out...

-Laurent.

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow
specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes.
Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate
them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life.
This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a
hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise,
and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it
rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't
improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.