Re: [NTLK] Keyspan-to-Newton (serial) c.

From: mark (markds_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:43:10 EDT

> > I just got a Keyspan USB-to-serial dongle but upon opening it
> > realize = that it comes with a serial-to-something (perhaps
> > Palm) cable instead of = the 9-pin-DIN to round-serial-plug
> > we all know and love. Does anyone know = where I can get this
> > cable, a part number, anything?

> IIRC others have used this adapter with their Newts with the PC
> serial = cable. The one you want is the USB-to-Serial Twin
> Adapter.

Alternatively, you could keep this adapter (I assume its the so called Keyspan USB-PDA serial adapter) and, as you seem to be suggesting, get a different serial cable (i.e. a "p.c." one) for the "Adapter to Newton" side...

...If you still have your Newton Serial Dongle/Adapter, the required serial cables are (or at least were) to be found in every computer store.

RS-232 DB9 Female / RS-422 mini-DIN8 Male

Sorry, I don't have part numbers and I haven't gone looking for serial cables in a while but I _imagine_ they are still there.

mark.