Re: [NTLK] TV remotes for the Newton OS 2.x

From: Fred Buecker (tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 09:28:34 EDT

No, plus the Newton only support one of the two standards for IR Remote.
Many newer devices are using this second freq, and therefore the Newt can't
control them.

Both of the remote control packages I've seen (Newt TV is one I
believe...ShowMate is the other - both on UNNA) use an IR database that
contains a list of manufacturers and possible code sets. They are both old.
Even if they were updated, they would be lacking in their ability.

Philips has a new version of the Pronto out for $200, considering the last
one was $500, not a bad deal for a remote that's 100% user configurable.

Fred