Re: [NTLK] [OT] apple does server

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 04:42:10 EDT

||And then there is the lack of commercial server applications. The
database system I can get are all open source (MySQL, PostgreSQL to
name two), but what about Oracle||

from apple web site:

Oracle
Apple's powerful new Xserve rack-mount workgroup server solution
combined with Apple's UNIX-based Mac OS X Server software is a
superior platform for Oracle9i" said Mike Rocha, senior vice
president, Product Services and Platform Technologies, Oracle Corp.
"Oracle's leading database clustering technology, Oracle 9i Real
Application Clusters, running on Xserve will deliver enterprise class
solutions to our joint customers and create new opportunities for
both companies."