Re: [NTLK] Avi's Backdropproblem

From: Christian Matzerath (matze_at_uumail.de)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 09:50:14 EDT

Hi Marco,

thanks for responding.

You wrote:

> The active owner card is probably empty. Exactly then does Avi's BD show =
nothing. You can easily loose your owner and worksite cards if you erase =
your Names soup. The owner and worksite cards are stored in the Names soup =
but reside always in the internal store and are hidden to the normal Newton =
applications. You might also notice that you can't move all names entries =
onto your card. At least 2 items remain in the internal memory (1 owner and =
1 worksite card).

Right, my owner card was empty, cos I deleted the names soup from internal =
memory due to problems I have with names (when opening a new entry, it =
takes the newt aprox 5 seconds to write letters I type or handwrite) =
Thought I would somehow solve this problem by deleting the internal names =
soup.

I didn't, but it erased one more problem, the one with my name in Avi's =
backdrop.

So as I've already mentioned, I filled in my dates into my owners card, but =
AB nonetheless did show nothing.

Guess what I did? I looked up Newtons Helpbook. Tataaa! It says you have to =
change the owner while in fax or email mode in notes. Did that and it =
works.

Thanks, Matze

liebe Gr=FC=DFe Matze

Christian Matzerath