Re: [NTLK] Backlight lifetime question

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 14:03:47 EDT

On Monday, May 20, 2002, at 10:08 AM, Humphreys, David (URB) wrote:

> The backlight will eventually wear out. It will exhibit a gradual
> decline in brightness. This is normal.
>
> In fact, you generally won't notice it unless you put it side by side
> with a new one. Then it is really a subjective issue. Can you still
> read the display? If so, does it really affect your interaction
> with the machine?

Basically, my question is this:

Will the backlight eventually wear out _completely_, in other words, no
longer emit any light at all?

Or will it always continue to provide some sort of illumination, enough
to view the screen indoors?

If the former, I will be more judicious about my backlight usage. If
the latter, full-speed ahead!

Steven