Re: [NTLK] WaveLan Card Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 01:21:23 EDT

on 22/05/02 21:36, Chris Ruprecht at chrup_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Question about an Orinoco WaveLan Card: I believe the driver for the
> Silver Card is busy being developed. Is that limited to the Silver card
> or does that work with the Gold card, too? Does anybody know, what the
> difference between the two is?

I think that the 2 cards are not the same, and the gold one won't work with
the current developed driver. The author will have to build a specific
driver, or someone could maybe come up with a patch.

IIRC, the gold card has better encryption than the silver one.

-Laurent.

cargo cult programming n.: A style of (incompetent) programming dominated by ritual inclusion of code or program structures that serve no real purpose. A cargo cult programmer will usually explain the extra code as a way of working around some bug encountered in the past, but usually neither the bug nor the reason the code apparently avoided the bug was ever fully understood (compare shotgun debugging, voodoo programming).