Re: [NTLK] WaveLan Card Question

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 02:00:16 EDT

Chris Ruprecht wrote not long ago (5/22/02 6:36 PM):

> Question about an Orinoco WaveLan Card: I believe the driver for the
> Silver Card is busy being developed. Is that limited to the Silver card
> or does that work with the Gold card, too? Does anybody know, what the
> difference between the two is?

WaveLAN Gold cards offer a higher level of encryption than Silver cards (I
believe 128- or 112-bit vs. 40-bit). But it's currently moot since the
current Newton WaveLAN driver doesn't do encryption at all right now.

I remember reports on the list of some Gold cards working with the driver,
but can't recall the details (rev. level, part no., etc.)

--Jesse