Re: [NTLK] trotter

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 12:34:56 EDT

No problem. Existing in a Wintel world and interacting
with an Apple centric community, I am accutly aware of
the "standards" issue and immediatly recognized the
"3D" problem here as a problem common to the Macintosh
and the way mail readers attempt to translate the
characters into the the real-world.
.Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:

> > >If you look at the "code=3DGC75" part of the
> URL, the "3D" part is NOT
> >part of the code item.
>
> My mistake, sorry. Dang - another chance to slag off
> the evil empire
> thwarted. You have to admit it was hard to spot that
> the extra
> characters had been inserted into the query string.
>
> > >The big problem here is weird characters because
> someone is using
> >a mailreader that does weird things, not because of
> the
> >scripting/dynamic page issue.
>
> Is my copy of Eudora set to the wrong character set?
> Does anybody
> know where I can change that?

=====
Roll that beautiful bean footage!