[NTLK] hello omp

From: scOtty teCHnoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 12:02:09 EDT

Hi gang.
I grabbed an omp from ebay for a good price, and it arrived this
morning. Kinda fun to fool around with, not sure how useful it will be
just yet :) but I was hoping for a couple pointers to get me started.
Firstly, I've been trying to scrounge up some battery info. The newt
came with a wee black thingy labeled Newton Rechargeable Battery, but
alas there is nothing _inside_ of it, it's just a shell. Can anything be
done for this or do I need to find another battery cage? I found an
online shop [via the ntlk archives] and they have the cages for a buck
[styli too], but their min order is $10..grr. anywhere else to check?
the newt lacks the stylus as well.
Also, since this is the OMP, I am gaining an appreciation for the many
jokes regarding text input. The HWR engine seems a lot different that
rosetta! It seems to morph any unfamiliar words into whatever it sees
fit! Is there a known, efficient method for training this beast?
How about software? Is there a good backdrop app, or any indispensable
pkgs I should be grabbing from unna?
Anyway, it sure is a pretty little thing..love the shape and size. I am
optimistic about getting to do...something!