Re: [NTLK] Apple and Sharp

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 09:52:56 EDT

My father got one of these last week. I've been waiting for him to lend it to
me for a day so I can use it enough to write a complete review, but I did meet
him for lunch to see it. I did manage to beam a contact from the Zaurus to my
Newton (with the help of BackTalk).

As for collaboration... Sharp was really only around for the first hardware
design. Apple switched manufacturers after the 110? or thereabouts. Apple
did all of the R&D and OS for the Newton. I don't think they'll ever have a
closer relationship.

Hopefully next Monday I'll get my hands on the Zaurus for a day and write a
review for y'all.

--
Victor Rehorst - chuma_at_chuma.org - victor_at_newtontalk.net
Newtontalk list dad

Original Message: ----------------- From: hal9000x hal9000x_at_mac.com Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:17:01 -0400 To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net Subject: [NTLK] Apple and Sharp

I was looking at the Sharp Zaurus ZL-5500 with Linu/Java operating system and was wondering if you could hook it up to an MP2100 and move info back and forth? Also, as per the book Defying Gravity - Sharp was involved with the Newton. I wonder if we might see something along the lines of a further Apple/Sharp collaboration on a PDA type device. What do you all think of the Zaurus ZL-5500.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .