Re: [NTLK] Wavelan Beta Works!

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 11:57:59 EDT

richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:

> Maybe I missed the posts about this but I have worked out how to get
> the Orinoco Silver working. You must install BOTH the alpha AND the
> beta drivers. This is not clear on Hiroshi's site. I have put up a
> few details about how I got this to work here:
> http://cyberphotographer.com/orinoco-newton/

You aren't actually using the beta1 driver then. This has been mentioned
before -- and Hiroshi has directly confirmed that to me (and someone else that
posted to the list). If you have any of the alpha drivers AND the beta driver
installed, then the Newton will use the alpha driver. Period. You aren't
using the newer Beta driver. If you've got it working with both, it likely
would work fine with just the alpha.

If you wish to prove otherwise, then please confirm that you have it WORKING
using a channel other than 11 and a network name other than "Newton." (And
that you've changed those settings on your WAP too, of course.) If you're
still using 11 and Newton, then it really doesn't matter.

Hiroshi has sent me several additional alpha/beta versions trying to debug the
beta1 problem. So far, nothing involving being able to change the channel or
name has worked.

So, again, as far as I have seen, no one on the list has the beta1 driver
working. And Hiroshi seems to recognize that and is continuing to work on the
issue.

 - John...