Re: [NTLK] [OT] Please Help...My G3 just died

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 23:47:26 EDT

At 10:09 PM -0500 5/24/02, W Izzy wrote:
>I am sorry about posting this but the local mac guru isn=B4t available.
>Earlier today I unplugged the HD from my beige G3 tower and plugged a new
>one and didn=B4t work. So I plugged the original and nothig happened.
>Sometimes when I unplug all the ATA cables the monitor shows a gray screen
>(nothing more) and then shows nothing (black)
>
>maybe some of you know what to do

    First, have you tried using another IDE cable?

    I'm not sure of your drive configuration, but is your CD on a
separate IDE controller from your other drives? If so, you should be
able to just plug in the CD and boot from that to verify the logic
board is working. Try it in both of your IDE sockets. If your logic
board has a CUDA switch, it wouldn't hurt to press that to reset the
PRAM between tries.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer