Re: [NTLK] trotter

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 08:44:52 EDT

>On 5/25/02 @ 6:02 PM, richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:
>
>I am an Apple fanatic, but with at least 95% of all
>computers being wintel, I think he is quite justified
>in calling it the real world.

Are you talking about installed based or sales?

I would agree with you in regards to sales. As for installed base, the
last data that I saw it was closer to between 25-30% Mac.

How do they come up with these figures? That I do not know. What I do
know, is that Macs tend to stay in service a lot longer than PC's. It is
not uncommon to see older Macs still being used productively and
effectively. Personally, I have a 040, 603e, G3 and G3 systems that I
use almost daily. And a 030 system that I use monthly if not more often.

However, I don't know of many whom still use 386, 486 and early Pentiums.

I use both, so while love my Macs, I still use and like PC's very much.

Oh, and BTW, I do agree with eD's comment about the Real World.

Just like I may like and use Harvard Graphics for work that I must do, if
I want to share with others, PowerPoint is the standard. Same goes for
Word and Excel.

Just throwing out some thoughts for consideration.

Sushi