Re: [NTLK] Newt Stolen; Looking for advice on a replacement.

From: Seth Hurwitz (shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 13:18:12 EDT

>Well, to make a joke, looks like the thief was a computer conniasseur
:), or
>thought he could get more money for a "Mac".

Or completely stupid. My friend had his Mac Plus (yes, one meg of RAM)
stolen in 1999. I don't think you can buy much crack for one of those,
although it was a huge loss to my friend who did not have a backup of
the 50 meg hard drive. The thieves also stole his Atari Jaguar and a
bunch of Jag games. Hmm. Were these guys geeks gone bad or just plain
dumbasses?

Very sorry about the Newton theft. At least you did have a good backup,
so it could be much worse.