[NTLK] package install over ethernet in OS X

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 16:22:48 EDT

>Is there a way to use an ethernet connection to install packages via
>something like NPDS? I could mail things to myself if SimpleMail would
>recognize my mac.com address (it won't, dunno why), but that's not an
>option right now.

I use good old Newton Connection Utilities, running in Classic. Works fine
for me over Ethernet (10BaseT or 802.11b). I doubt anybody's going to take
the time to carbonize NCU, even if such a thing were possible short of
Apple donating the source code.

It would be nice to have a Newton package installer that runs under X or
Darwin and supports Ethernet, but until that day....

-Jeremy

-Jeremy