Re: [NTLK] OT- re- QTake200

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 09:32:26 EDT

>On 5/31/02 @ 6:02 AM, Ed Kummel wrote:
>
>It stands for Transister to Transister Logic. (as
>opposed to CMOS which stands for Complementary
>Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) These two types of Logic
>circuits are differentiated mainly by their voltage
>constraints.

Ed (and PCBman), would you help me out here?

All my juice/reference books are in storage somewhere in Kansas...

In the early days, wasn't there some other considerations such as:

- If power was not an issue, and you needed fast circuitry you would use
TTL circuits.

- Whereas if power was an issue/contraint, you would use CMOS and take
the speed hit.

Just taking about the early days of CMOS here. Not later when CMOS
developed to be faster and more responsive.

Sushi

P.S. Don't ya just love these OT threads?! ;-)