Re: [NTLK] GPS, Maps, PC/CF card

From: Philip Lord (nama_chari_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 09:50:28 EDT

Yes, the card is a CF version with a CF-->PC card
adaptor.

I'm not to sure what you mean by 'binary protocol
driver in GPSlite' but I know in the 'interface
settings' of GPSlite the speed is set for 4800, no
parity, Data bits =8, Stop Bits=1 and the GPS driver
is NMEA 183. Not to sure what all this means of
course!!!

As for the map, It's 1.4 meg @1/75000 scale and shows
quite detailed street level of central Tokyo (Mostly
JR Yamenote train line loop)

If you like I can send you my Tokyo Map so you can
start hosting. Once you get a bunch I'll gladly mirror
your site. This is probably the easiest as I'll have
to create a site from scratch and you already have
one. (I'm so lazy.....).

Let me know and I'll email it to you.

Phil.

P.S. I also have a Pocket PC with GPS software and for
some reason the Newton acquires the satalite quicker
than the pocket pc does (same card)...maybe The newton
supplies more power to the card. I know the GPS card
drains the batteries quick in the pocket pc, where as
the Newt lasts quit a long time.

http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/Npages/LeeMoon/LeeMoonsSources.html