Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Troubles

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 11:56:19 EDT

paN1k wrote:
> My friend just got a Lucent WaveLan (re-badged as a Dell card), so
> we decided to try it on my newton. I downloaded the beta3 driver
> and stuck the card in the newt, and it wasn't recognized. It's a
> Dell TrueMobile Wireless adapter, looks exactly the same as an
> orinoco card, just has a dell logo on it. Any ideas to as why it
> didn't work?

If it really is just rebadged, it might just have different ID strings that
the driver doesn't recognize. You might try getting Paul Guyot's "Get Card
Info" sample to dump the card ID strings -- then send that over to Hirochi
Noguchi and see if he might add it to the driver so that it recognizes the
card.

Again, that is assuming that it really is otherwise identical to the Lucent
WaveLAN card...

As a side note, my Lucent WaveLAN Turbo Silver ID strings are:
Manufacturer: Lucent Technologies
Product: WaveLAN/IEEE
V1String3: Version 01.01

 - John...