Re: [NTLK] GPS, Maps, PC/CF card

From: Seth Hurwitz (shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 14:46:37 EDT

Thanks, but my Japanese is limited to Shena Ringo and edamame! This
might be of interest:

http://huknews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR20020531670.2_35a300252c3ee171

Europe to Compete With U.S. Global Positioning System

Rockets are supposed to begin lifting off in 2006 to carry 30 European
satellites into orbit. The satellites will emit signals that will allow
people with receivers -- drivers, sailors, rescue workers and pilots,
for example -- to determine their precise locations on Earth. It is
similar to what the U.S. Global Positioning System already does, and the
pending launch of a rival is fueling a new transatlantic dispute...

>>> nama_chari_at_yahoo.com 05/31/02 02:28PM >>>

I don't know if these cards are available in the US
(or anywhere else for that matter)...

I found a Japanese page selling them though...

http://www.visavis.co.jp/shop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1715&pf%5Fid=Q010021&mscssid=P0JT2VBMELSR2NJB0G0KN7SA33201HN2

Phil

--- "victor_at_newtontalk.net" <victor_at_newtontalk.net>