Re: [NTLK] importing text to Names

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 16:25:02 EDT

On 31/05/02 15:54, "Christian Burk" <cmburk75_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to import delimited text to Names in my Newton 2000. I keep
> getting an unrecoverable error due to insufficient memory. I don't
> understand the problem, as I have alloted some 8000 k to NCU and have
> plenty of memory left. Anyone else deal with this?

Nope, but I've seen in a few cases that, when exporting from my Newton, NCU
seems to be doing something like a backup. I would recommend that you gives
NCU, assuming on a Macintosh, the size of your flash RAM card plus at least
4 MB more for NCU itself. So, if you have a 12 MB flash RAM card, allocates
at least 16 MB of RAM to NCU.

-Laurent.

gib /jib/: 1. vi. To destroy utterly. Like frag, but much more violent and
final. "There's no trace left. You definitely gibbed that bug". 2. n.
Remnants after total obliteration. Originated first by id software in the
game Quake. It's short for giblets (thus pronounced "jib"), and referred to
the bloody remains of slain opponents. Eventually the word was verbed, and
leaked into general usage afterward.