Re: [NTLK] Bad Experiences with phillydiscounters on Ebay?

From: Dave Fleishman (fleishman_at_lawyer.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 19:54:39 EDT

I had problems with them, but probably not enough to ding them on
their reputation on eBay. I'm always afraid that by leaving negative
feedback, the other party will retaliate against me and do the same.
Here are the facts, though. I ordered a UMP2K from them, got it for
about $99 or so, and had it shipped to me. Their description said no
scratches on the screen. Mine had a half-inch deep scratch on the
screen. It was so bad, it would catch my stylus when it went across.
It was NOT damaged in shipping, since the cover was closed and the
Newt was well packaged. I complained, and they said send it back. I
had to send e-mails 3 and 4 times every time I contacted them,
because they are incredibly slow to respond to e-mail. I got the
replacement, and it, too, had a screen scratch. Not as bad as the
first, but I figured it was not worth another $15.00 in shipping to
try and return this one. I'm using it now with a NuShield over the
screen, so the scratch is unnoticeable.

The nice thing about the deal is that I sent back ONLY the damaged
Newt to them. It had come with a 32MB card and Hayes modem. I kept
those. When I got the replacement, it had another 32MB card in it,
and another modem! I guess that's what prompted me not to complain.
I came out ahead, even though the product was not exactly as promised.

Hope the karmic wheel doesn't come round and bite me in the ass!

Dave